Sunday, March 6, 2011

Writer's Block

It's not that I don't want to write for you all. I desperately do. The last few weeks I've just been experiencing that strange phenomenon we call writer's block. With me, writer's block is always a spiritual thing. When I'm feeling the desert, my ability to express my feelings with words shuts off. That's what I've been feeling. Don't get me wrong, I have experienced some incredible God encounters the last few weeks...He always knows when we need a drink from the canteen to refresh us and keep us from growing weary, but for the most part, those have been very private, intimate encounters, and sporadic. I have felt like God has been playing Hide and Seek with me. I'm desperate to find Him, and I know one day soon I'll see His radiant face again, but for now, I just thirst, and wait for Him to speak. Whenever I go through those writer's block times, I tend to have this insane desire to write, and get my feelings out, I just can't find the words or initiative to do it. I usually turn to writing poems during those times. Basically, because I don't have to worry too much about grammar, or making my sentences make sense, or anything like that.

On the practical front...the women's ministry at my church has decided to make me one of their missions projects this year! They have a $5000 pledge to the LIFE offering projects for the GA district, but anything they raise over that amount is going to help me in my quest to get to Cambodia. I'm both humbled and honored that they would come behind me in such a tangible way. I have no doubt that the women of my church will go well above and beyond $5000, so this is very good news! I can't wait to see how God is going to work through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment